So it has been a while since I have posted on here and that is because things suddenly got busy around here. I posted not too long ago that I was looking for things to help me pass the time and well, they found me.
One sad thing that has happened was our neighbor passed away. She was 88 years old and leaves behind her husband. Every since we moved into this house we have loved Mr and Mrs Williams; they are a precious couple. The last year or so they have not been able to do as much as they use to so David and I along with our other neighbors have been pitching in for them wherever we can. Checking in on Mr. Williams will now need to be more regular than before. Our boys were really sad, we have missed Lee sitting at her front window to wave at the boys as they came home from school. They always ran right up to the glass to wave at her. Before she passed, her and Tommy had already asked David to conduct their funerals; so this last Saturday he did just that for Lee.
On the adoption front, we had learned that our fingerprints were expired and that we need to file with USCIS to get re-fingerprinted. I don't know if I mentioned this before but we have been given a new social worker. She has been reviewing our file and is helping us to make sure we have everything done correctly so we don't have any more surprises like we did with court. So David and I have also kept ourselves busy "paper chasing" again. Just when we thought we were done with all that.
For those of you following my search to a good injera recipe I now have two more that I am going to try this week. I will let you know how all that unfolds. I am trying to find a recipe as close to possible to the real thing.
A cool thing I found this week to try was making fabric cabbage roses that I am using for hair clips for our little girl. My friend, Kim, posted the instructions on her blog with a template. Click on the link on the left for Feathers From My Nest to get to her blog and get the instructions. They were super easy and turned out really cute. Below are my first two roses.




No comments:
Post a Comment