Monday, April 4, 2011

Adventures in Injera

















For those of you who are following my experiment with making Injera, today is Day Three, time to stir and feed the starter. I am not going to lie to you either, it will stink a little when you stir it. But do it anyway and add 1/3 cup teff flour and 1/2 cup water. Recover it loosely with a cloth/lid and let sit two more days.


Note: If you want left over starter to make more Injera later; follow Day Three instructions on Day Five.

2 comments:

  1. I am interested to see how it turns out, I think I may need this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it at http://chefinyou.com/2010/02/ethiopian-injera-recipe

    It is a step by step "how to" with pictures. I will let you know how it tastes when we finally get to make it and eat it on Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete