Lately I have been so busy I haven't been able to sit down long enough to write. I guess that is what I get for making a list of things to do to keep me busy until baby comes home.
How about a small recap?
On April 16th, my aunt and my cousin threw us an adoption shower. The theme was milk and cookies with the title, "Nothing is sweeter than Halle coming home!" They did an amazing job with everything and I am so grateful to have so much support and encouragement for our adoption. Here are a few pictures:
On April 19th, we found out that we PASSED court!!! She is officially ours. Words can not describe the excitement, relief, and pure joy that we felt over that news.
Not much longer on April 29th, we learned that Bethany had secured her birth certificate and could now begin the process of securing her passport. I am praying that it won't be much longer now. I am so desperate to have our little girl home with us. Her room is finished, her clothes are washed and put away, and toys are ready to be played with.
Another thing we had been busy preparing for was our oldest son Judah's first karate tournament. This took place on April 30th. I was so nervous, he had only been doing karate since last October. But he and his dad wanted to enter this tournament so badly that I caved in. We prepared Judah that he might not win anything because the other kids have probably been doing this longer and had more experience. As he competed I keep praying under my breath that he wouldn't get upset if he lost and that he wouldn't get hurt. So imagine our shock and excitement when he won FIRST PLACE in Forms and FIRST PLACE in Sparring!!! I learned that day that I must be a woman of little faith. :) I wish I had all our faces on video when they called him out during the trophy ceremony. We came home with one very happy little boy and one very proud mama.




No comments:
Post a Comment